Sunday 26 January 2014

World's ugliest women turns beautiful, converts bullies into love - Lizzie Velásquez may inspire you

Lizzie Velásquez, an American woman who has an extremely rare medical anomaly preventing her from gaining weight. She has 0% body fat, never weighed more than 29 Kilograms and also she is having impaired eyesight.(my small urge, please be informed of using gratifying dulcet worlds like physically challenged, visually challenged/impaired, hearing impaired, medical anomaly than using handicapped, deaf, blind, etc... It doesn't looks sense on calling so, only because we are in majority). I strongly believe her extreme rare medical condition has led her to become an author and motivational speaker. On contrary, I would not have even thought her to become the same when is she is like us. However I don't want to perturb the essence because I already wrote an analogous post on medical anomaly motivation, about Transgenders.

When she was born, doctors said her parents she would not walk, think, speak, crawl by her own. What her mother told you know, "I want see her, take her to home, love her as much as I can and bring her best of I can". Apparently one of the best motivational speakers now and stands a great example to us. She has completed her graduation in communication studies and Authored 2 two books, Her autobiography and "Be Beautiful, Be You".

When Lizzie, now 24, was in high school, she discovered an eight-second video on you tube that featured a photo of her face labeling her the "world's ugliest woman" and had been viewed more than four million times with more than 1000 comments. She cried out of anguish and was mocked and tormented. Velasquez’s parents attempted to get the YouTube video taken off, but the unidentified figure who posted it professed he would never remove it. Instead of suffering from anger, hopelessness and depression, Velasquez took a different approach to her attitude. You don't belive that a 8sec video changes one life. Shockingly some YouTube users had commented that Lizzie should “Please just do the world a favour – put a gun to your head and kill yourself.” and "set fire and burn yourself." But she converted all the stumbling blocks into stepping stones.

 "God has blessed me with the greatest blessing of my life, which is my syndrome"- Lizzie

When I saw Lizzie Velasquez speak, I was brought to my knees by her dauntless strive, but also by her normalcy and good nature. Watch this below video and see for yourself. In just over 13 minutes she managed to suffuse my mind with optimistic inspirational thoughts—I bet she does the same for you. A stone can be a stumbling obstacle block and a stepping stone, It depends on how you see it.





"Am I going to let the people who called me a monster define me? No. I’m going to let my goals and my success and my accomplishments be the things that define me.” - Elizabeth Ann "Lizzie" Velásquez

She has proven to be compassionate, intelligent, and persistent...This is beautiful. Learn the meaning of beautiful and "Be Beautiful, Be you."


Regards,
Joachin Joseph

1 comment:

  1. Liz, you are a true motivator that i can say from heart. After i saw your speech about your experience, your words are echoing to my ears hearing that "Don't let them to define you because your life is in your hand if it is either good or bad but still have hope to make it positive".
    Hats of you...

    ReplyDelete